Upgrading Biogas to BioMethane and BioCNG
ClimeCo International can convert BioGas to BioMethane (BioCH4) as well as Compressed Natural Gas/BioCNG. Our proprietary membrane-based technology removes Carbon Dioxide, Nitrogen and trace gases from the raw BioGas to reach over 90% (single stage) or 99% (3-stage) pure methane (CH4).
The resulting BioMethane is then compressed and stored at 200 bars (2,900 psi) of pressure to less than 1% of its volume under standard atmospheric pressure. This compressed gas, called BioCNG (Compressed Natural Gas) is a widely used BioFuel, especially in captive fleets (e.g. taxis in Buenos Aires/Argentina or Bogota/Colombia).
Applications of BioCNG
BioCNG is a standardized BioFuel that can be used in
- Passenger vehicles (e.g. all Volkswagen CNG models, several Toyota, Honda, Volvo and Peugeot CNG models)
- Pick-up trucks (e.g. Tata Xenon CNG)
- Industrial machinery (e.g. forklifts, front loaders, etc)
- Agricultural machinery (e.g. irrigation pumps)
- Diesel trucks (e.g. Scania CNG)
- Households (e.g. heating, cooking, etc.)
Best Available Biogas Upgrading Technology - 50% Less Cost per m3
CCI uses a proprietary European, membrane-based, BioGas Upgrading technology to convert BioGas to BioCNG. This technology has become the market leader in Europe due to the fact that it
- Reduces operating cost by 50% (compared to the previously leading technology, pressure swing adsorption)
- Uses no chemical substances (compared to chemical scrubbing)
- Consumes no water (compared to water scrubbing)
Exclusive License for Latin America & the Caribbean
CCI has an exclusive license to this proprietary membrane-based BioGas Upgrading technology for Latin America & the Caribbean.