ClimeCo International contributes to sustainable development in multiple ways, sustainable development is our underlying motivation.
We love what we do and are proud to contribute to saving the planet one project at a time.
ClimeCo International 's projects produce
- Renewable energy
- Renewable Natural Gas (BioCH4/BioMethane)
- BioFuels (in the form of BioCNG) and
- Organic Fertilizer
as well as
- Eliminate direct greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from standard organic waste treament (typically open lagoons & landfills)
- Reduce indirect GHG emissions by replacing fossil fuels, fossil power & synthetic fertilizer
- Stabilize, reduce & eliminate organic waste streams
- Stop water contamination (groundwater & river discharge) from unlined & undersized lagoons
- Reduce fossil fuel & synthetic fertilizer consumption
- Increase energy independence
- Eliminate odor nuisance to neighbors & local stakeholders
Additionally ClimeCo International 's projects
- Bring significant Foreign Direct Investment into environmental projects
- Introduce state-of-the-art environmental technologies to Latin America & the Caribbean
- Create high-value, high-tech employment in environmental projects in-country
- Transfer significant technology know-how to local stakeholders
Fighting Climate Change: Eliminating 25,000 tCO2e per project per year
A typical ClimeCo International BioGas project eliminates carbon emissions of 25,000 tons of carbon dioxide equivalent (tCO2e) per year (at a palm oil mill with 200,000 TFF per year). This corresponds to the annual carbon emissions of 15,500 Colombian or 1,250 US citizens.
No Direct or Indirect Crowding-Out: Using waste materials only
ClimeCo International 's projects utilize and convert only waste streams that are not suitable for human or animal consumption. Prior to and without our projects these materials are either discharged to local rivers or deposited at local landfills. As a consequence our projects create no direct or indirect crowding-out effects.
The Key to Sustainability: Creating a Circular Economy
ClimeCo International's projects create a closed loop of waste-materials as resources in the form of renewable energy and organic fertilizer, thereby fostering the transition to a circular economy.
Triple Bottom Line
Finally, our projects demonstrate that renewable energy production in emerging markets can be an excellent commercial investment that benefits the environment in a significant way and empowers local stakeholders at the same time.